• Your query is valuable for us, you can post your query any time.
    We are ON in week days. You will get instant support in our working hours.
    We are little slow in non-working hours, but you will get response in maximum 24 hours.
    Our working timing is
    [10:00 AM (IST) - 7:00 PM (IST)]
    [6:30 AM (CET)- 3:30 PM (CET)]
    [12:30 AM (EST) - 9:30 AM (EST)]

Login Rules
    1. Premium users can login directly using aMember credentials, Created at the time of purchase.
    2. Free users can re-register to access forum using this link : Register Here.

Glowline pro and GDPR Privacy

I would like to know if the Glowline pro theme complies with the gdpr. I would also like to know how it is possible to insert a checkbox for the acceptance of privacy rules in order to post a comment.
It is very important to have your answer with kind urgency. The new laws will come into force on May 25th
regards
Ester

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

This is already updated in latest version of WordPress. We have used default comment box of WordPress in theme, So it will automatically work according to new GDPR rule.

So you need to just update your WordPress to latest version i.e. 4.9.6.

This will help you.

Thank You.

very well, I saw, thank you very much.
However, I note that checking the checkbox is not required for sending comments and this is contrary to the GDPR; the label is not exactly correct because it refers to the Cookie Law and no more generally to the Privacy Law (GDPR); moreover, the style is decidedly ugly compared to the beautiful style of the Glowline pro theme. In the new WP 4.9.6 function of exporting personal data does not report the checkbox data.
Do you think that all these things are easily changeable? May be in a new upgrade of theme?
I thank you so much

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

I'm logging this thread to our dev team, they will look over it and update theme soon.

Best Regards

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

Could you please update your theme to latest version and check it.

Do let me know if you need more assistance.

Thank You

estercadoni

Pro Member
Pro
I updated the Glowline Pro theme but ... honestly ... I do not see any changes from the previous version. I already had version 1.0.7. I noticed recent variations on the Glowline Free theme. Maybe it was a mistake? I suggested small adjustments to make the theme more adherent to the GDPR. I await your instructions. Thank you so much - Ester

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

Just to make confirm. Are you talking about check box under comment form. This checkbox has been added i the last WordPress update. We have already styled it to match theme design. If styling not visible at your site then please share site link. We will look over it.

Thank you

estercadoni

Pro Member
Pro
Thank you for your precious collaboration.
My blog url is www.esterofili.com. Indeed the style continues to be the generic one of WP and not that of Glowline pro. The checkbox must be set as mandatory. To give a fitting example with the GDPR it should work the same way as your Lead Form plugin, where I set up a mandatory checkbox, a correct wording and I can get a list to show the contact details and the checkbox check permission. All this would be fantastic and absolutely conform to the GDPR.
Regards Ester

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

You can try this CSS:

Code:
#respond .comment-form-cookies-consent input{
width:auto;
}
#respond .comment-form-cookies-consent label{
display:inline-block;