• Your query is valuable for us, you can post your query any time.
    We are ON in week days. You will get instant support in our working hours.
    We are little slow in non-working hours, but you will get response in maximum 24 hours.
    Our working timing is
    [10:00 AM (IST) - 7:00 PM (IST)]
    [6:30 AM (CET)- 3:30 PM (CET)]
    [12:30 AM (EST) - 9:30 AM (EST)]

Login Rules
    1. Premium users can login directly using aMember credentials, Created at the time of purchase.
    2. Free users can re-register to access forum using this link : Register Here.

Language switcher pushes the nav bar icons down

ybenarab

Pro Member
Pro
Hello

I’m using WPML to translate my Shopline Pro website. I’ve added a language switcher to the navigation bar in the header.php file. I want the switcher to be right before the search, account and cart icon, but the switcher just pushes the icons one line down. Can I fix this via CSS? Or even better, do you know a better way to do this? The only consition I have is that the switcher should not be part of the menu, it should be outsider the menu, right before (or after) the icons on the top right.

My site: Mod bySouk

Thank you!

Attachments

ybenarab

Pro Member
Pro
Thank you

It's much better, but I still think it's awkwardly placed. It should not be so far away from the other icons to the right. And I wouldn't mind if it was a dropdown instead of three horizontal flags. But this solution does not look right in my opinion, and also on phone and even on computer if u make the window smaller, it still pushes down the icons.

ybenarab

Pro Member
Pro
We are almost there, but on my iPad Air 10.9" everything gets pushed down as you can see in the attached file. Is it not possible to put the language switcher into the same container as the icons?

Attachments

Last edited:

Satyendraa

Staff member
Hello there,

Solved your issue, Please check your site.
Actually "WPML" gives option to add language switcher in main menu. We added that from "Appearance > Menus".

Please check your site.

Kind Regards

ybenarab

Pro Member
Pro
Look I do really appreciate the help you are giving me, but I wrote in the very first comment that I want the language switcher to be outside the menu. When you are on mobile or tablet you should not have to open the menu before switching language, the menu should be available outside the menu. The flags should be like a fourth, fifth and sixth icon beside the cart, search and account icons. Either before or after the icons, both is fine but they should not push each other to separate lines. I'm aware that I can put it in the menu, but this is not what I'm asking..

Thank you :)